- What information do we collect?
We collect certain personally identifying data about you when you register to use the Site, such as your name and your email address.
We also collect information from you if you choose to take part in any of our surveys, competitions or promotions. We use this information to better understand how people use the Site and so that we can contact winners of competitions and plan other promotional campaigns.
The Site does not automatically capture or store personally identifying information relating to visitors to this Site other than to log the IP address of visitors (the unique address associated with your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server and basic session details generated by visitors to this Site. We do not associate this data with any personally identifying information from another source. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third party sites from which it is possible to link to our Site with information on the number of users linking to our Site from their sites. You cannot be identified by those sites from this information.
- How is this information used?
This information is used to:
- Operate the Site and send you information you request
- Generate aggregate statistics about our Site visitors
- Collect broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Improve the content of our web pages
- Administer this Site
- Notify you when your registration with the Site is due to expire
- Handle enquiries, orders or applications submitted to us by you
- Verify your identity (for example, in the event you participate in a promotion or are a competition winner)
- Conduct surveys and market research
- Send you our newsletter and contact you with information about products and services that may interest you, if you have agreed to us doing so. This may be by post, telephone or email. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive these details than you can manage your communication preferences below.
- Allow, with your consent, carefully selected third parties to send you information directly which you may find useful regarding their products and services.
- Our Partners
Our Partners will be added here when applicable.
- Managing your communication preferences
You can tell us if you prefer not to receive communications regarding our products and services, or those of those of carefully selected third parties, by either following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you, or by clicking on the ‘update your preferences’ link within the footer of any of our emails you receive.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- managing your session so you can easily move from one page to another within the Site and your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner;
- collecting statistical information about how visitors use the Site so that we can better understand improve the Site;
- remembering that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site;
- storing your preferences and selections;
- customising elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for you;
In addition to cookies we use the following similar technologies in respect of your use of the Site:
- Pixel Gifs/web beacons – these are small image files that may be placed by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site or within the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
- Flash cookies – We do not serve Flash cookies but Adobe Flash Player may be used by third parties serving advertisements to the Site in cases where these advertisements are served with flash related content. It is not possible to block or restrict or block flash cookies using your browser setting, however information on how to do this is available from the Adobe website at: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
- With whom is your information shared?
We may analyse and disclose aggregate statistics about our Site visitors in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of The Business Bible, the Site or its visitors.
This Site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites and recommend that you check the policy of such third party sites and contact the owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- Access to this site from outside the European Economic Area
If you use our Service while you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide the Service to you.
If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with please contact us as set out below. You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we store about you (for which we may charge a small fee).
If you wish us to stop sending you information about products and services that may interest you, or passing your data to our trusted partners so that they may do so, then you should contact us using the details below and let us know.
We place a great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use and will continue to update these measures as new technology becomes available.
- Contacting Us
The Business Bible Group Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street